DO YOU WANT TO REDUCE WATER
CONSUMPTION AND QUANTITY OF WASTEWATER?
Water is the most often used raw material in the food industry, therefore its consumption significantly affects production costs, plant operating costs and the amount of wastewater, which is a by-product. The use of water is a continuous process in many automatic and semi-automatic production lines, even if the demand for it is temporarily suspended. Mounting of systems allowing control of its flow gives the opportunity to limit its consumption significantly. To improve the efficiency of cleaning and rinsing process and reduce water consumption, it is worth to direct and condense the water stream. Significant reduction of water consumption during rinsing process can be achieved by using more efficient nozzles with flat or point sections. Setting the nozzles in the right direction with the help of long bent lances, you can clean the object with the same accuracy, but at a lower pressure. Selecting the right type of nozzle you should take into account the flow rate, pressure drop, stream shape, type of object which is cleaned, the required force of the water jet and the size of the droplets. Appropriate solutions used in cleaning systems ensure the optimization of cleaning and disinfection costs by reducing the consumption of chemicals, water and amount of work. Comfort and safety at work are also extremely important. To achieve this goals, it is necessary to optimize the equipment configuration, adapted to the size of the object and the type of production.
Examples of bad practices and waste of water in processing plants.
WHAT LIMITS WATER CONSUMPTION?
– Control and optimization of washing process parameters.
– Optimization of working time thanks to the use of lances.
– Control of water flow in all processes.
– solutions for reduction of water flow, water flow limiters and control units.
– Use of appropriate valves, nozzles, lances.
– Elimination of poor quality accessories.
– Solutions which reduce to time of water application.
– Regular checking of the technical condition of the cleaning system equipment.
– Using the least amount of water possible to flush technological installations.
– Use of durable and hygienic hoses that do not leak.
– Optimizing the diameter of hoses and using hoses with the smallest possible diameter, e.g. 10-15mm.
– Appropriate and constant maintenance of cleaning equipment. If water is hard, check the condition of scale deposits or crystallization of chemicals. If water supplied to the plant is soft, it is necessary to check the technical condition of the nozzles regulary, because with increased water flow, the applied nozzle will not provide adequate washing quality, and the pressure and angle of coverage of the stream will decrease.
– Use stainless steel nozzles. They are more expensive but their durability is three or even